Dietary Diversity in the Care Sector - 40-Page Guide
A guide to catering for people with allergies, intolerances, and religious, philosophical and cultural dietary beliefs
This colourful 40-page guide is designed to make it easier to cater for any service users who require a 'free-from' or 'special' diet. It will introduce the various reasons people may need, or want, to exclude certain foods from their diet. At the back of the guide is a collection of recipes suitable for a variety of these dietary requirements.
Comprehensive coverage of:
- the major allergens
- religious, philosophical and cultural dietary requirements
- how veganism is protected by the law
- top 10 gluten-free products
- top 10 vegan products
- best practice in ethical dilemmas – including when a vegetarian service user asks for meat
- fortification agents for special diets
- gluten- and soya-free meat alternatives.
With allergen-labelling throughout.